Monday, March 06, 2006

A bit odd


Where I live, in St Kilda, there's a video rental store that has a rather good deal on: 6 DVDs for 7 nights for $10 (about 4 quid). So, every week for the last 2 to 3 months I've taken advantage, managing too see dozens of films, particurly ones that I haven't seen before.

One of the films I rented this week is a French movie called "The City Of Lost Children" (or "La Cité des enfants perdus") and it was on my to do list for while.

Its bloody weird. Probably one of the strangest films I've ever seen. Directed by Caro & Jeunet, (Amelie, Delicatessen) its set in a bizarre future where a mad scientist kidnaps children in order to steal their dreams. Its visually quite similar to the Terry Gilliam film "12 Monkeys", (which was released the same year) dark, dystopic and plenty of obscure camera angles. Moreover, it has Dominique Pinon in, who has a funny face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home